Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Old times..

To be honest, I never liked when my mom made smoothies, or when grandma served frozen and then unfrozen raspberries with ice cream. I just didn't like frozen fruit; it didn't taste like ordinary fruit, it just tasted.. weird. Frozen fruit is so much cheaper, so my parents always bought frozen fruit (when it came to berries, but not apples or bananas because they were and still are pretty cheap fresh). Which meant, I much more preferred hot chocolate and other unhealthy stuff. I remember one time, when me and my best friend made a smoothie; we had like 1/2 cup of sugar, in that smoothie. Yaay, healthy..
Back then, I didn't know (or care) what was healthy, what contained sugar, what was unhealthy. Sometimes I want to go back to that, not caring about that and not get guilt feelings (which I know I shouldn't get) after eating an ice cream. The reason to I don't do it is because I feel so much better now. I feel more energized and I am a lot more confident. I also know that I can't go back to where I were before; the knowing of the sugar and chemicals will always be there. Maybe it's good, being very educated - if you should put a positive word on it - but I mean, I'm only 14; I should enjoy eating whatever I want. The thing is that, I do feel a lot more better in my own skin, and I do look better (healthier) but I still don't feel completely happy with my body. Hopefully, when I have completed this program, I will feel even better and maybe not get guilt feelings if I eat an ice cream. Because then I know my body won't be affected of that little ice cream.
Right now, I don't have cheat meals, because I feel like if I eat one, I suddenly eat another one, and it doesn't work for me with that cheat meal.
Back to the start about smoothies; now I LOVE smoothies and frozen fruit, it's the best thing in the world. I am so proud how long I have come from being a bit overweight, eating unhealthy, being self conscious all the time to love myself, working out every day, eating healthy. And I want to keep going on this journey!
See you tomorrow<3
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment